Like every year before the start of the Academic Year, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has released a list of universities dubbed as “fake”. This year, there are 20 universities on the list that are not authorized to award any degrees. Delhi has the highest number (eight) of such institutes.
“The UGC has come to the notice of several institutions offering degrees contrary to the provisions of the UGC Act. Degrees awarded by such universities are not recognized for the purpose of higher education or employment. UGC Secretary Manish Joshi said that these universities are not authorized to award any degree.
According to UGC, Delhi has eight fake universities:
- All India Institute of Public and Physical Health Sciences
- University of Commerce Ltd., Daryaganj
- United Nations University; Vocational University
- ADR-Focused Juridical University
- Indian Institute of Science and Engineering
- Vishwakarma Open University for Self-Employment
- University of Spirituality (University of Spirituality)
Uttar Pradesh has four fake universities
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapeeth
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University)
- Indian Penal Council.
Fake University of Karnataka
- Badami Government World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum, Karnataka.
Maharashtra, Puducherry, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal and Kerala also have fake universities, the UGC said.
- Click here for Books News
- Click here for Education News
- Click here for India News
- Click here for World News
- Click here for Lifestyle News
- Click here for All News
- Return to blinzo.com Latest news Articles
- Subscribe to our Social Media Pages
Twitter Link , Facebook Link , Instagram Link, Threads Link, YouTube Link, Google News Link Click on the links